Update: By the look of things, a formal hearing is set for October 12. While there were attempts to settle things privately, though that didn’t work out. Thanks to Nimblest-Assassin for the heads up.
Things are getting really weird with Bridgestone’s recent Wii-related commercial.
It all started when Kevin Butler was spotted in the company’s “Game On” promotion featuring the Wii. It didn’t take long for an updated TV spot to be released, this time featuring a new actor – and not Kevin Butler.
The latest twist in this saga is that Sony appears to be suing Bridgestone and Wildcat Creek, Inc. for the commercial. Ironically enough, it seems Bridgestone hired the Wildcat advertising company for the promo, and Kevin Butler – otherwise known as Jerry Lambert – is its president.
Sony filed against the two parties around a month ago. Documents reveal that the case is centered around trademark infringement. We don’t have the exact details on the situation yet, but one would think that Sony wasn’t happy that Lambert was in the commercial.
- Kevin Butler spotted in a Bridgestone ad… promoting the Wii!? Published on: September 4, 2012
- Sony trademarks “Rain”, re-registers “Until Dawn” Published on: August 6, 2012
- Sony is teasing something Published on: September 26, 2011
- MLB 11: The Show Kevin Butler commercial Published on: March 3, 2011
- SOCOM 4 – Kevin Butler commercial Published on: April 15, 2011