One fan has transcribed the first Tomb Raider multiplayer details from the latest issue of OXM. A summary of the magazine’s article, posted below, covers game modes and more.
The information is as follows:
- He (OXM editor Dave Rudden) acknowledges that fans will be wary of changes.
- But of course comes back to say that after playing it feels the “creation and execution are coming from the right place.”
- Team Deathmatch is in.
- “a team of Lara’s surviving allies pitted against a group of hostile natives cutely referred to as “scavengers.”"
- Best-of-three matches, alternating between sides.
- “an immediate wrong turn out of our cavernous base … had us sliding down a rocky water tunnel…”
- “the maps aren’t too wide open”
- “lever-baser traps that shot spikes out of walls, climable surfaces, destroyable environmental elements (like bridges), and weaponry like Lara’s now trademark bow and arrow.”
- Second game type “Rescue” survivors have to collect a certain amount of med-packs and deliver them to rotating destinations while scavengers must reach a certain kill count.
- Rescue gives survivors a “bleed-out” time, that you can cut short with a “brutal” melee finisher.
- “Wind Chasm” was the map they played on. Tropical, with traps, vantage points and junk.
- Karl “dropped hints about a mode called “Cry for Help,” which apparently will place a strong emphasis on discovery and collection.” Adventure as opposed to combat game type.
- Unclear if any other modes available.
- “select from a deep roster of characters.”
- “different stats and loadouts.”
- “primary firearm/bow, sidearm, grenade style projectile, climbing axe that serves as a melee.”
- XP gained can go to altering stats and purchasing more advanced characters.
- No Lara in multiplayer that he saw.
- Can chose the same character as a teammate.
- Some single player actions have been sped up for sanity-sake.
- “[Noah Hughes] goes on to note that while it make seem odd that this historically loner heroine now has a whole roster of companions…”
- Goes through the same old campaign points; hanging upside down, falling onto spike, running through cave, Sam, wolf, bear trap, blah blah blah.
- Bow can be used to distract enemies.
- More QTE’s.
- “… Lara runs into a group of scavengers that includes a shielded man wearing a steel mask. Gunfire doesn’t work on this guy…”
More Tomb Raider multiplayer content is on the way. Square Enix is promising an official update during CES 2013 next week.
- Rumor: Tomb Raider to have multiplayer Published on: December 24, 2012
- More Tomb Raider details Published on: April 28, 2011
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution dev working on Tomb Raider multiplayer Published on: December 28, 2012
- Tomb Raider – New details (length, gameplay, etc) Published on: November 26, 2012
- Tomb Raider multiplayer confirmed, detailed in next OXM Published on: December 28, 2012