Take-Two Interactive now has a couple of THQ IPs in its stable. Along with the WWE licence, the company acquired “Evolve” – a new shooter from Turtle Rock Studios.
According to Jonathan Bloch, who was previously a project manager at THQ, Evolve has been in development for both current and-next-gen platforms.
A blurb on Bloch’s LinkedIn profile states:
Managing AAA shooter by Left4Dead Developer Turtle Rock Studios, on current and next generation platforms (“Evolve” – working title)
It’ll be interesting to see if anything changes with the project. Will certain platforms be abandoned? Or will nothing change? We could still end up seeing Turtle Rock’s new title on a slew of different systems.
In other Evolve news, Superannuation has spotted a few concept art pieces (“beat boards”) from Evolve. View the full set in the gallery above.
- THQ Signs Turtle Rock Studios’ Next Project Published on: May 26, 2011
- Halo 4 Staffer Frank O’Connor says current gen consoles haven’t reached their limit yet Published on: October 4, 2012
- THQ files trademark for “Evolve” Published on: March 2, 2012
- Why GTA V is coming out on current-gen consoles Published on: November 14, 2012
- PlayDead’s next game “at least two years away”, talk of next-gen consoles and using cut Limbo ideas Published on: July 30, 2012