When Ubisoft’s Uplay application launches on Wii U, you’ll be able to download it through the eShop. The program itself allows gamers to earn units that can be used to receive rewards including new characters, maps, skins, and weapons.
Once the app is on your system, you can either log in to an existing account or create a new one. Making an account looks simple enough – there are screenshots of the process above.
Details about the Uplay app are as follows:
- Load the app and choose a game
- This allows you to discover exclusive services and rewards
- Earn Uplay units by completing specific Actions
- 4 Actions per game to unlock as you progress
- Select the Actions box to see what you’ve earned and learn how to earn each one
- Redeem Units to earn Rewards
- Choose the Rewards box to see details of already-owned Rewards and find out what you can unlock next
- Choose the Games box and discover more Actions and Rewards for all Ubisoft games you own
- Username: Shows Uplay username, personal quote and number of Units available
- Press the “+” button to view, edit and change your profile
- News: Keep up to date with upcoming Ubisoft releases and new downloadable content
- 6. Uplay TV, Friends & Shop: “Coming soon!”
- 4 Actions, 4 Rewards, 100 Units per game
- Can redeem units earned from one game and use them for another
- Can show list of actions and rewards
- Uplay option should appear in the main menu of the game
- Log into your account or make a new one
- You’ll then be notified when you’ve earned units while playing
- You can always see what Rewards are available by using Uplay on all your devices (Mobiles, Tablets, Consoles, PC or Web)
- Uplay in game reward: Find more details about the Actions and Rewards available in your Wii U games here
Screenshots of Uplay’s Wii U integration can be found above.
Thanks to Jake for the tip.